Writing this up to support a bug report, please excuse the technical intrusion.
When I use the blockquote function in the Typepad editor, there's a sequence of steps that causes me to lose text out of the editor.
A series of screen captures follows. The general pattern runs like this:
- create three paragraphs
- select the second paragraph, and blockquote it; the third paragraph blockquotes as well
- switch to HTML view to confirm that the blockquote includes two paragraphs
- switch back to rich text
- reselect the second paragraph, and unblockquote it; nothing seems to happen
- switch to HTML view; the second and third paragraphs are not there
- reswitch to rich text, the second and third paragraphs disappear
I'm using Chrome 21 on MacOS 10.5.8; the same problem happens on Safari on the same machine.