How many ways do I love making lists in weblogs? Let me count the ways.
1. Lists are easy to write. Each part of the list is as long or as short as it needs to be, and you don't need to pretend to tell a single, coherent story. If you run out of time, you can cut the post short.
2. People like being listed on a top N list of anything, so you get the benefit of people linking to you when you make a list that they are on.
3. It's a very old technique, going back all the way to the Catalog of Ships in Homer's Iliad. (Book 2.)
4. People love pointless numbered bullshit every once in a while.
5. There's a seasonal news trope of doing a "top n" list for the year at the end of the year. If you time your list-making correctly, you can get into the annual list of lists list, guaranteeing you some small manner of recognition.